Our hands receive more exposure to sunlight than any other part of our body. This is why our hands are one of the first places to start showing visible signs of aging. Some of these signs include age spots and precancerous growths. A loss of fatty tissue also occurs, making our hands look bony.
Today one can combat these signs of aging with a simple procedure called hand rejuvenation. Hand rejuvenation treatments can help restore the hands to a more youthful appearance.
What Options are Available
Midwest Clinic of Dermatology has many treatment options available to rejuvenate the appearance of our hands. More than one session or a combination treatment may be recommended in order to get the results you expect. Most hand rejuvenation treatments include one or more of the following procedures.
- Chemical Peel: When applied to the skin, a chemical peel lightly exfoliates the damaged outer layers of skin. This not only encourages newer healthy skin to grow but it also helps to tighten the skin and fade away any age spots and/or freckles on the skin.
- Microdermabrasion: This is a superficial skin peel procedure that involves massaging away the first layer of skin with tiny crystals. Though this treatment is mild and may need multiple sessions, results include tighter skin, new collagen growth, and lightening of unwanted skin pigments with no discomfort or downtime.
- Laser Skin Resurfacing: Some of the most dramatic results can be obtained with the use of a laser. When used in the hands of a skilled skin care specialist a laser can safely remove unsightly veins, age spots, wrinkles and help to stimulate new collagen growth for a long-term affect.
- BBL™:BBL™ broadband light technology utilizes the power of pulsed light to deliver excellent results in photorejuvenation therapy. By selecting the appropriate wavelength or filter, your skin care specialist will be able to treat a broad range of skin conditions caused by skin aging and sun exposure. Your skin will be smoother, more vibrant and it will have a more youthful appearance as a result.
- SkinTyte™:The SkinTyte™ procedure utilizes a broadband of light energy to deeply heat dermal collagen. This process promotes partial denaturation and contraction of collagen. The heat also initiates the body’s natural healing process, which creates a renewed collagen foundation leading to increased skin firmness. Powerful cooling maintains the outer surface of your skin at a cool temperature before, during, and after each pulse providing the patient a comfortable and safe procedure.
- Sclerotherapy: If unsightly veins on your hands are making them look older than they really are, they can be removed by sclerotherapy. Here, a sclerosing solution is injected into the unwanted veins. This causes the vein to be slowly dissolved pain-free.